What a year we have had!
It's been a wonderful year with so much progress and growth for the charity.
Here are just some of the highlights...
- Two Love Rowing events were held in May and October. They were hugely inspiring. The events were hosted by Hoares Bank and Howden Group and showcased the impact of our projects through talks from the participants and project leads. Thank you to all those who attended and donated and thank you to the speakers who were so inspirational.
Get some behind the scenes footage from Shalarm who spoke about The Lea Rowing Club's iBelong programme in Hackney.
- A small Love Rowing event took place on the rooftop of the British Rowing office in Hammersmith for the Boat Race.
- Grants were received from Sport England and Thames Water for adaptive and school projects launching early next year.
Visits took place to over 20 clubs and over 15 schools and academy trusts across the country. From Newcastle to Warrington to Birmingham, Bedford, Reading and many more!
We had Love Rowing presence at BUCS and National Schools Regatta earlier in the year. Things got competitive with our erg competition on the stand!
- We've been a catalyst for many projects: Including linking independent rowing schools with state schools for advice and support. Kings School Chester and Radley donated boats and ergos to a state school recently and will help with coaching support. Haberdashers schools want to start rowing so we linked them up with The Gorse Academy who will advise based on their experience.
- 25 new projects were announced through our grant fund earlier this month, in partnership with British Rowing.
- A total of 47 projects are now supported by Love Rowing moving into 2023!
- New projects have been planned and are launching in 2023: Row the Rythm, led by Peterborough Rowing Club, A state school programme at Reading Rowing Club, Infinity Boat Club in partnership with Tees Rowing Club and Ready to Row at Hyndburn Academy, Blackburn.
More information can be seen on projects here
A huge thank you to all clubs, organsations, corporates and individuals who have fundraised for Love Rowing this past year, including:
- Wimbledon High School who are kindly donating 10% of funds from all of their fundraisers in the year
- UCL for the 48 hour rowathon in Covent Garden earlier this year raising over £1900
- Liverpool Victoria Club who held a fundraiser in their club including a quiz and raffle
- All clubs and individuals who joined the Big Row 22 this year in May. The Big Row 2021 and 2022 has raised over £40,000!
- The Zoom Ergos Community who raise money every month for a Love Rowing project and have donated over £8,000!
- Surbiton High School who fundraised at their Christmas Pudding Races earlier this month raising over £500
A big thank you to Howden Group and Hoares Bank for their donations and for hosting our charity events.
Thank you to everyone who has donated funds, equipment to projects or in kind support this year. We really appreciate your support.
EQUIPMENT FOR PROJECTS!
If you know of any boats or rowing machines that could be donated to one of our projects, please get in touch. Please email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank so much for your support and please continue to spread the word about Love Rowing and the impact we are having.
Donations to Love Rowing can be made HERE
Here's to more success in 2023!