1) Don't be afraid to ask another club for help and advice- everyone is extremely keen to help to grow adaptive rowing in the UK
2) Borrow equipment locally- it will save you a lot of money
3) Consult the adaptive rowers- they will have plenty of great ideas and solutions
4) Be creative- not everything needs to be perfect but it does need to be SAFE
5) Embrace the new challenge- the reward for helping out and providing a facility where adaptive rowers can train is immensely rewarding
Photos courtesy of Hannah Wright, Maidenhead RC
Keen to start adaptive rowing at your club?
Check out these useful links below to help:
Bruce Lynn from Marlow is the king of all things adaptive and has a very useful and informative website, including how to access funding!
Click here to see it
Love Rowing award grants to 10 rowing clubs and organisations across the UK to fund inclusive projects, bringing in new communities to the sport of rowing. More...
Love Rowing award grants to 10 rowing clubs and organisations across the UK to fund inclusive projects, bringing in new communities to the sport of ro… More...